Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ArtPrize - LK's art is on display at Minty Keen



by Lily Li Kostrzewa
If you've never heard of ArtPrize, this year check it out. It is the largest art prize in the world, and it will turn downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan to an art capital tomorrow.
I have a very interesting work at ArtPrize 2011 named “Couple” see link here. It was done by Chinese ink on rice paper first, then I cut the figures and paste them to a very striking background which I made by dripping acrylic paint on a brown paper. This picture tried to depict the intensiveness between a relationship, and the emotional difference between man and woman. The figures were done by monochrome brush lines against a very expressive colorful background to continue my cross-cultural art theme.
ArtPrize takes place in Grand Rapids, Michigan Sep. 21 – Oct. 9, 2011. Detail event information see website here. http://www.artprize.org/event-info
Opening Day (Wed. Sep. 21, 2011): 6pm – 10pm
My work will be in downtown Grand Rapids, Minty Keen, 125 Ottawa NW, Suite 170 ( a local antique shop), store phone 616-551-1613 and my voting code 57321. Detail also can be found on my website www.LilyKostrzewa.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment